Take your iced tea up a notch by making this spiced green tea with a pleasing mix of flavors, including cinnamon, citrus, and fresh mint.
- 1 gallon water
- 3 large green tea bags (or 6 small bags)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 6 oz can frozen orange juice
- 6 oz can frozen lemonade
- 2 cups chopped mint
1. Place chopped mint on a double layer or cheesecloth. Gather edges of the cheesecloth together and tie securely to make a bag.
2. Add tea bags, mint bag, cinnamon, and cloves to gallon of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove tea, mint, cinnamon, and cloves. Add sugar and stir. Add orange juice and lemonade and stir.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish each glass with a sprig of mint, cinnamon stick, and lemon slice if desired.
Note: Because of the sweetness of the juices, you can adjust the amount of sugar to suit your tastes.
This recipe is adapted from Southern and Then Some, a publication of the Alabama Farmer’s Cooperative.