- Type: Biennial (it grows the first season and blooms the second)
- Planting time: Spring, fall
- Features: Deeply curled, frilly green leaves
- Light: Sun to part shade
- Soil: Well drained
- Plant spacing: 12 to 18 inches
- Plant size: 1 foot tall
- Garden use: Herb and flower beds, borders, containers
- Culinary use: Garnish, seasoning, salads, palate cleanser
Curled parsley has beautiful, dark green leaves well known as the classic garnish for deviled eggs and an ingredient in tabbouleh (parsley salad) or white clam sauce for pasta. However, it has many more uses. Hardy through zones 7 and warmer, it is a great winter garden plant and looks beautiful in containers with pansies or other winter color. The nutritious leaves are high in iron and in vitamins A, C, and E. The high chlorophyll content makes it a natural breath sweetener, too. Frost tolerant. Great in containers.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.