- Type: Warm season annual
- Planting time: After last spring frost
- Features: Long, fragrant leaves
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained but moist
- Spacing: 8 inches apart
- Plant size: 8 to 12 inches tall
- Garden use: Containers, herb garden, flower beds
- Culinary use: Italian and Asian dishes
Also known as Tulsi, Holy Basil boasts long, green, jagged-edge leaves with purple stems. Leaves are quite fragrant, with an aroma of anise. This is an excellent container plant! Be sure to water regularly, as plants can be damaged by heat stress if they don’t have enough moisture. Basil requires warm weather, so don’t plant until all danger of frost is past. Use in pesto, on pizza and bruschetta, in oils, on salads, in cocktails, and more.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.