- Type: warm season annual
- Planting time: after last frost in spring
- Features: cinnamon-spiced, aromatic leaves
- Height: 18 to 30 inches
- Light: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, but well drained
- Spacing: 12 inches
- Plant Size: 18 to 30 inches tall, 12 to 18 inches wide
- Garden use: in containers, herb or flower garden
- Culinary use: use like sweet basil, cooked or fresh; popular in Italian and Asian cuisines
Smaller than sweet basil, this narrower-leafed variety is known for its darker color and spicy, cinnamon-like aroma and taste. Has distinctive cinnamon-colored stems. Great for containers.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.