- Type: perennial
- Planting time: spring
- Features: velvety, textured, gray-green foliage, pretty blue blooms
- Height: 12 to 36 inches
- Light: full sun
- Soil: well drained, pH about 7
- Spacing: 24 inches
- Plant Size: 1 to 3 feet tall, 15 to 24 inches wide
- Garden use: containers, herb garden
- Culinary use: key ingredient of poultry seasoning and turkey stuffing
Gardeners add the uniquely flavored leaves of common sage, a strong, herbaceous perennial, to sauces, stuffings, poultry, pork, and sausage. They provide a lovely fragrance and flavor to a dish, especially when leaves are sautéed before adding. It is a good fall and winter plant in hot climates.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.