- Type: Perennial in zones 9 to 11
- Planting time: Spring
- Features: Green leaves that taste very sweet
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Light, well drained, let dry between waterings
- Plant spacing: 18 inches
- Plant size: 12 to 36 inches
- Garden uses: Herb gardens and containers
- Culinary uses: Sweeten teas, lemonade, and other beverages
Also called sweetleaf for the very sweet taste of its leaves. An herb member of the chrysanthemum family that is native to parts of Brazil, where it grows wild as a small shrub. Grow it in containers or in the garden. It's a great way to sweeten iced tea and other beverages without adding calories. It is reliably perennial in zones 9 to 11 and may overwinter in zone 8 with protection.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.