- Type: perennial zones 5 to 11
- Planting time: spring
- Features: aromatic leaves
- Light: full sun for partial shade
- Soil: moist
- Height: 12 to 24 inches
- Spacing: 24 inches
- Plant Size: 1 to 2 feet tall and wide
- Garden use: herb garden, containers
- Culinary use: teas and other beverages, salads, garnish, jelly, desserts
Mint is one of the easiest herbs to grow. This one has extra large leaves that most cooks really like for chopping into sauces and drinks. Our sweet mint is grown from cuttings of a variety that comes to us from Israel, where mint is used in many dishes from lamb to yogurt sauce. We think you’ll like the rich spearmint flavor of this variety. The stems can go crazy, too, so be careful or it can spread farther than you might like. For this reason many people grow it in a pot. It the long stems can even be trained on a little wire trellis, too, especially in spots where a little shade causes it to stretch. Keep pinched to encourage tender new leaves.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.
- IT DEPNDS ON WHAT YOU LIKE Review by MELLOW