- Type: warm season annual
- Planting time: after last spring frost
- Features: aromatic, pointed green leaves
- Light: full sun
- Height: 12 to 24 inches
- Soil: light, well drained but moist
- Spacing: 24 inches
- Plant Size: 1 to 2 feet tall and wide
- Garden use: containers, herb beds, flower beds
- Culinary use: Asian and Thai dishes
A stronger-flavored basil than sweet basil, Thai Basil also has a hint of licorice flavor. The leaves, which are about half the size of sweet basil, have purple stems and make pretty garnishes. They are added by the handful to Thai cusine and also dishes of Southeast Asia. Its popularity has grown with the discovery of these delicious dishes from those countries. A slightly smaller plant than Sweet Basil, it is perfectly suited for containers.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.
- should have purchased more Review by lindag
Pros: Taste, Yield
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes