Romaine (Parris Island Cos) Lettuce
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Head size: 8 inches (semi-heading)
- Matures: 21 days for leaves, 75 for head
- Plant spacing: 10 to 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 1 foot tall and wide
Heirloom. Developed at a Clemson University experiment station in 1951, this lettuce earns a spot with gardeners as the classic romaine. Its compact, dark green rosette of tall, upright leaves is slightly curly with white hearts and has a crisp, sweet flavor. Slow to bolt. Grows best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade and even appreciates it in spring in hot climates. Resistant to mosaic.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.