- Light: Full sun
- Fruit size: 2 to 3 inches by 3/4 inch
- Matures: 85 days to purple, 120 to red
- Plant spacing: 12 to 15 inches apart
- Plant size: 6 to 12 inches tall, 15 to 18 inches wide
- Scoville Heat Units: 1,000 to 5,000 (mild)
Plant Sangria peppers and you're setting the stage for a party. This pretty ornamental plant bears fruit that resembles confetti. Young peppers emerge green, then march through a wonderful parade of colors—orange, purple, and finally on to a glorious red.
Sangria peppers are edible, but they're not typically grown for their flavor. The fruits are eye-catching, but lack intense heat.
This pepper looks great planted as an edging in a bed and also adapts well to growing in containers. Plants bear fruit until frost.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.