Muddled strawberries add a subtle sweetness and pop of color to this twist on a classic margarita. Fresh basil, lime juice, and agave round it all out for a refreshing, slightly sweet summer drink. Pair it with a salad of crispy Olive Oil Zucchini and Sweet Corn Relish and you've got your summer garden in perfect savory form.
Yield: 1 drink
- 4 ripe strawberries, quartered
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce agave
- Basil sprig, for garnish
- Lime rounds, for garnish
- Add the basil and quartered strawberries to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle for 30 seconds until broken down and the strawberries have released their juices.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, agave and 1/4 cup ice.
- Cover and shake for 20 seconds.
- Fill a short glass with ice and pour in the cocktail.
- Garnish with a basil sprig and lime slices.
Recipe and photos by Megan Mitchell.
5% of all sales on bonnieplants.com go to AmpleHarvest.org.