Few salads are as simple to prepare or as satisfying as wedges of garden ripe tomatoes and sweet basil leaves tossed with a light dressing. This salad is most flavorful when served at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds large cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup loosely packed Sweet basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine tomato and basil in a shallow serving bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over tomato mixture, and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.