Who doesn’t love getting a two-for-one? That’s one of the benefits of growing edible plants: Many vegetables and herbs do as much for your landscape as they do for your dinner table. Steal these expert tips to create your own edible landscape, no matter where you live.
2. Grow edibles in containers of all shapes and sizes, even if space is not limited. Mix textures and heights for a pleasing combo, and feed them with Miracle-Gro® LiquaFeed® Tomato, Fruits & Vegetables Plant Food to keep the colorful bounty coming.
3. Container gardening is not just for beginners. It often becomes the method of choice for busy families or seasoned gardeners looking to make every inch of their landscape productive and beautiful. For best results, be sure to fill pots with premium potting mix, such as Miracle-Gro® Potting Mix.
4. If you have a yard, you can grow directly in the ground or opt for raised beds. Bed layout and how the garden relates to the landscape are features that take the design to the next level.
5. Let vegetables and herbs take the place of ornamentals. Think of using eye-catching plants like Lacinato kale, purple basil, or curled parsley where sweeps of annual color would normally be planted.
7. Use low-growing herbs like thyme as a ground cover.
Article written by By Rebecca Reed