Pick a pot that is at least 24 inches across the top and find a spot that gets at least 6 to 8 hours of sun.
- Fill the most of the big pot with a premium potting mix like Miracle-Gro® Moisture Control® Potting Mix.
- Dig a deep hole near the center of the pot and plant the tomato so that ⅔ of the plant is buried. Roots will sprout along the buried stem, helping better support the plant.
- Put a sturdy cage around the tomato plant.
- Plant the green beans container-deep on the south side of the tomato cage (so the bigger tomato plant won’t block the sun as it grows).
- Plant the thyme container-deep on the opposite side of the cage.
- Water thoroughly to help settle the soil.
- Mulch around the plants with pine straw, wheat straw, or chopped leaves. This will help keep the soil moist and weeds to a minimum, as the sun won’t reach the soil.