- Type: Perennial in zones 8 to 10
- Planting time: Spring, fall
- Features: Flavorful stems make wonderful skewers for barbequing
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Well-drained soil (on the dry side)
- Spacing: 36 inches apart
- Plant size: 4 to 6 feet tall by 2 to 3 feet wide
- Garden use: Containers, herb garden, pruned hedge or screen, rock garden
- Culinary use: Cooking and barbequing
This fragrant, upright member of the rosemary family boasts pretty blue blooms in the summertime. Especially flavorful, it’s ideal for cooking and barbeques – the straight stems can even be used as skewers! This is a large plant (it can grow up to six feet tall), making it an excellent choice for use as a pruned hedge or screen. Once established, it needs only occasional watering. Deer-resistant.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.