- Type: warm season annual
- Planting time: after last frost in spring
- Features: cinnamon-spiced, aromatic leaves
- Light: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, but well drained
- Spacing: 12 to 18 inches
- Plant size: 18 to 30 inches tall, 12 to 18 inches wide
- Garden use: in containers, herb or flower garden
- Culinary use: use like Sweet Basil, cooked or fresh; popular in Italian and Asian cuisines
Smaller than Sweet Basil, this narrower-leafed variety is known for its darker color and spicy, cinnamon-like aroma and taste. Has distinctive cinnamon-colored stems. Great for containers. Goes beautifully with fruit, or in Asian or Indian dishes.
Some Bonnie Plants® varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.