- Type: warm season annual
- Planting time: after last frost in spring
- Features: cinnamon-spiced, aromatic leaves
- Light: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, but well drained
- Spacing: 12 to 18 inches
- Plant size: 18 to 30 inches tall, 12 to 18 inches wide
- Garden use: in containers, herb or flower garden
- Culinary use: use like Sweet Basil, cooked or fresh; popular in Italian and Asian cuisines
Smaller than Sweet Basil, this narrower-leafed variety is known for its darker color and spicy, cinnamon-like aroma and taste. Has distinctive cinnamon-colored stems. Great for containers. Goes beautifully with fruit, or in Asian or Indian dishes.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.