Coastal Star Romaine Leaf Lettuce
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Head size: 10 to 12 inches long (semi-heading)
- Matures: 21 days after planting for leaves, 57 for head
- Plant spacing: 8 inches apart
- Plant size: 10 to 12 inches tall, 5 to 6 inches wide
Tall, dark green heads are easy to grow, and form crisp golden hearts. (Similar to Parris Island Cos, but taller and darker.) Excellent flavor— perfect for salads. Harvest outer leaves throughout the season, or wait until the head forms. Grows best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade and even appreciates it in spring in hot climates. This variety is open-pollinated and heat tolerant. Looks beautiful in containers!
Some Bonnie Plants® varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.
This variety only available during peak planting season in Arizona, California, New Jersey, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington.