Jalafuego Hot Pepper
- Light: Full sun
- Fruit size: 3½ to 4 inches long
- Matures: 70 days after planting
- Plant spacing: 18 to 24 inches apart
- Plant size: 24 to 30 inches tall
- Scoville heat units: 4,000 to 6,000 (medium)
Hybrid. A large, strong plant, Jalafuego produces loads of extra-long jalapeños. This is the perfect pepper for super-sized poppers, big bowls of salsa, and jalapeño cornbread. Fruit resists cracking, and gets hotter the longer it stays on the plant. Plants have excellent disease resistance, and may need staking once they’re loaded down with fruit.
Resistant to bacterial leaf spot and potato virus.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.