- Type: Annual
- Planting time: After last spring frost
- Features: Citrusy aroma and flavor
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Rich, moist soil
- Spacing: 8 inches apart
- Plant size: 16 to 20 inches tall
- Garden use: Containers, herb garden
- Culinary use: Fish, salads, soups, pasta, beverage garnish
A refreshing twist on traditional basil! Bright green leaves have a zesty citrus aroma and flavor. Plant is compact, making it ideal for containers. Use leaves to add citrus flavor to fish, salads, and dressings. Flowers are edible, and a wonderful addition to desserts, soups, and pasta, or as a garnish for drinks. Don’t allow the plant to bloom unless you no longer have use for the leaves, though, as doing so will send a signal that it’s time to set seed.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.