Pesto Party Basil
- Type: Warm season annual
- Planting time: After last spring frost
- Features: Late bolting, with fragrant leaves
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained but moist
- Spacing: 12 to 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 18 to 24 inches tall
- Garden use: Containers, herbs gardens, vegetable gardens, edible ornamental
- Culinary use: Italian and Asian dishes
Releasing a wonderful aroma every time you brush past, this basil variety is tailor-made for pesto lovers! Plants produce lots of branches, each bearing loads of leaves with sweet basil flavor. Perfect for pots, Pesto Party is also late-flowering for longer harvests – and more pesto! Be sure to wait to plant until all danger of frost is past, as basil requires warm weather to thrive. Trim often for best results.
Tolerates downy mildew.
Bonnie Plants grows this Foodie Fresh variety, grown from Burpee-exclusive seed, in a limited number of regions.