Red Bhut Jolokia Ghost Pepper
- Light: Full sun
- Fruit size: 2 to 3 inches long
- Matures: 100 days after planting
- Plant spacing: 18 to 24 inches apart
- Plant size: 24 to 48 inches tall
- Scoville heat units: Over 1,000,000 (extremely hot)
Hybrid. You’ve probably heard of the ghost pepper, as it has made its name as one of the hottest peppers in the world. Fruits ripen from green to bright red, and have thin, wrinkled skins. This is a slow growing plant, but it can sometimes reach up to 4 feet tall. Handle these fiery chili peppers with caution: Wear gloves and long sleeves when harvesting, and don’t let cut peppers—or anything made with them—touch your skin. (Goggles are a good idea, too.) Remember, a very little goes an extremely long way with this pepper.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.