This shortcake is easy, delicious, and just sweet enough. It’s made the old-fashioned way—with biscuits! We used pre-made refrigerated biscuits, but homemade ones will make this delicious dessert that much better. If you’re making this strawberry shortcake recipe for a crowd, prepare the strawberries and whip the cream the day before, then keep both cold in the refrigerator. Bake the biscuits just before serving.
Yield : 12 muffins
- Prepare 1 (14- to 16-oz.) box cornbread and muffin mix according to package directions.
- Stir 2 tablespoons minced, seeded, and deveined jalapeño into batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
- After removing muffins from the oven, generously brush tops of warm muffins with warm honey. Allow to cool.
- For jalapeño butter, combine 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño chile.
- Serve with muffins if desired.
Used with permission from Cooking Club Magzine