Longing for a little bit of heat mixed with a little bit of sweet? This is the snack for you! The jalapeños add a spicy kick to these tasty muffins, then a bit of honey brushed on the tops while they’re still warm introduces a balance of sweetness. Serve alongside softened jalapeño butter for maximum flavor.
Yield : 12 muffins
- Prepare 1 (14- to 16-oz.) box cornbread and muffin mix according to package directions.
- Stir 2 tablespoons minced, seeded, and deveined jalapeño into batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
- After removing muffins from the oven, generously brush tops of warm muffins with warm honey. Allow to cool.
- For jalapeño butter, combine 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño chile.
- Serve with muffins if desired.
Used with permission from Cooking Club Magzine