Perfect for a quick and easy side dish to accompany grilled meats or roasted fish, or to bring to a potluck, these Lemon Green Beans are sure to be a favorite. Any leftovers make a great salad topping.
Yield : 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb green beans
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook briefly until garlic is fragrant.
- Add green beans, lemon zest, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm.
Featured Ingredient: Green Beans
Freshly picked green beans are light years away from the canned vegetable of our school lunch memories. Sweet and crunchy, raw green beans are wonderful as an addition to salads or as dippers for hummus. Sauteeing or steaming maintains their sweetness while making them tender. Many green (or snap) beans grow on long vines that need a structure for them to climb on; for containers or more compact spaces, look for bush varieties. Learn how to grow your own green beans.