These Lettuce Cup Tacos are simple, healthy, and delicious—and don’t require a bit of actual cooking. Whip some up for lunch or a light dinner, or serve them up as appetizers. Helpful tip: It’s best to drizzle the oil into the vinaigrette mixture slowly while whisking very quickly. This helps the mixture blend and emulsify.
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 ears of corn, cut off the cob
- 5 medium asparagus spears, cut into small pieces
- 2 avocados, scored and scooped out into cubes or chunks
- 1 head of fresh Buttercrunch or Boston Bibb lettuce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 good pinch salt
- 3 grinds fresh black pepper
- 1/8 cup sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup roasted walnut oil (such as La Tourangelle)
- Break off, wash and dry 6-8 lettuce leaves.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, and asparagus in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, adding them one by one in the order listed above.
- Add most of the vinaigrette to the taco mixture and gently toss.
- Divide the mixture among the lettuce cups, then top each with 3 to 4 avocado chunks.
- Drizzle with the extra vinaigrette.
Recipe written by Chef Liza Utter-Pernice.