Highlighting the unbeatable flavor of fresh, sweet tomatoes, these marinated cherry tomatoes are definitely worth keeping stocked in your fridge. They are wonderful eaten alone on toasted bread, or served with fresh mozzarella and torn basil leaves for an excellent caprese salad.
Yield : 2 pints
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp minced fresh thyme, oregano, marjoram, basil, or rosemary
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, such as Tastiest Tumbler Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in a bowl and pour in marinade.
- Stir, then cover.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Tomatoes can be stored in the refrigerator covered in olive oil for several months.
- Add the marinated tomatoes to a glass jar or other air-tight container and fill with olive oil until the contents are covered.
Featured Ingredient: Cherry Tomatoes
It’s hard to beat the flavor of a vine-ripened, homegrown tomato harvested during its peak season, and cherry tomatoes might be at the top of the flavor list. Cherry tomatoes are excellent for snacking, served fresh on salads, drizzled with olive oil and chopped fresh herbs, roasted, or grilled on skewers. Tomato plants grow during warm weather months and can easily planted in garden beds or large containers. Learn how rewarding it is to grow your own tomatoes.