This is a very simple recipe that is a wonderful way to highlight the freshness of summer squash. Serve as a simple side dish or jazz it up a bit by adding additional toppings such as fresh herbs, tomatoes, or cucumbers with a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar.
Yield : 3 to 4 servings
- 3 to 4 medium yellow squashes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Season both sides of the squash slices with salt and pepper. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Featured Ingredient: Summer Squash
- Summer squash is among the season’s best and most versatile vegetables. They are delicious eaten raw, pickled, grilled, steamed, or even pureed, and are full of nutrients such as potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium. With many varieties of summer squash to chose from (including both yellow squash and zucchini), you may have trouble picking which ones to grow in your garden this season! Whichever you choose, let us teach you how to grow summer squash in your garden.