You’ll be the star of the barbecue if you bring this colorful, refreshing salad as your side. Or, top it with grilled chicken or salmon and serve it to your family as the perfect warm-weather lunch or dinner.
Yield : 3-4 servings
- 6-8 cups mix of lettuce, spinach, and arugula
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ sweet onion, sliced
- 3 snack-sized sweet bell peppers
- 8 large strawberries, quartered
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place greens in a large bowl, then top with remaining vegetables and strawberries. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour dressing on top of salad, then top with feta. Toss and serve.
Featured Ingredient: Strawberries
The best strawberries you’ll ever taste will come from a garden, because fully ripened strawberries have a rich, aromatic flavor unmatched by their supermarket counterparts. Eating them fresh is the best way to enjoy their ripe flavor and take in their nutrients. Each berry is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and dietary fiber. If de-stemmed, strawberries can be easily frozen for use in smoothies or for cooking during out-of-season months. As a tip, keep fresh strawberries in the refrigerator and only wash them just before use. Savoring the melt-in-your-mouth juiciness of freshly picked strawberries is but one reason to grow your own. Learn how to grow your own strawberries here.