Tomatoes and watermelon may seem like an unlikely pairing, but these summer favorites taste delicious together. The honey-balsamic dressing enhances the sweetness of the heirloom tomatoes.
Yield : 4 servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons while balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano, or marjoram
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula or spring salad mix
- 1 to 1¼ pounds ripe red or yellow heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, herbs, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread greens on a serving platter. Top with tomatoes, watermelon, shrimp, and onion.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Julia Rutland.