Take your iced tea up a notch by making this spiced green tea with a pleasing mix of flavors, including cinnamon, citrus, and fresh mint.
- 1 gallon water
- 3 large green tea bags (or 6 small bags)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 6 oz can frozen orange juice
- 6 oz can frozen lemonade
- 2 cups chopped mint
- Place chopped mint on a double layer or cheesecloth. Gather edges of the cheesecloth together and tie securely to make a bag.
- Add tea bags, mint bag, cinnamon, and cloves to gallon of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea, mint, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add sugar and stir. Add orange juice and lemonade and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish each glass with a sprig of mint, cinnamon stick, and lemon slice if desired.
Note: Because of the sweetness of the juices, you can adjust the amount of sugar to suit your tastes.
This recipe is adapted from Southern and Then Some, a publication of the Alabama Farmer's Cooperative.