This quick and easy salad only takes four ingredients and a salad bowl. When made with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes from your garden, it becomes even better! Cucumber and tomato salad is the perfect way to highlight those sweet summer tomatoes and crisp cukes.
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cucumbers, such as Foodie Fresh Cucumber Coolers, sliced
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, such as Foodie Fresh Candyland Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 to 1 ½ cups Italian dressing
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a salad bowl.
- Stir in the dressing.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Featured Ingredient: Cucumbers
Fresh and crisp, cucumbers are a versatile summer fruit, perfect for adding to salads, flavoring drinks, or pickling. They are full of health benefits too: They're high in vitamins A, B, and C, and can help keep you hydrated due to their high water content. What's more, cucumbers can help fight heartburn when eaten, or relieve sunburn when the flesh is applied to your skin. Cucumber plants are heat-loving, and grow in either bush or vine form. Vining varieties are best for gardens that have room for a trellis. Let us teach you how to grow cucumbers in your garden this summer.