Filled with the flavors of Fall, these cookies can be made with pumpkin straight out of your garden. A citrusy, sweet orange glaze highlights the rich pumpkin taste.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just tender; drain and spoon into a serving bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard. Cut the mushroom tops into ¼-inch slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Add the snow peas and green onions. Cook until the peas are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pea mixture to the orzo. Stir in the salt and pepper and sprinkle almonds over the top. Serve immediately.