Yield: 3 cups
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 to 5 avocados, peeled and seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Roast the peppers at 400 degrees or on a grill until the skin is blistered and spotted black; let cool.
- Skin, seed, and dice the peppers.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil on a small piece of foil; roast along with the peppers until the outside is a caramel brown.
- Combine the avocados, roasted garlic and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl. Mash with a fork, leaving some small chunks, if desired. Stir in the peppers, red onion, salt and cilantro. Add more lime juice, if desired.