This is a fresh, flavorful twist on traditional nachos! For extra convenience, these Sweet Potato and Blue Cheese Nachos can be made in 4 pie pans or smaller-sized baking dishes for individual servings — no plates required. Don't like blue cheese? Use shredded mozzarella instead, and drizzle with your favorite creamy dressing or tzatziki sauce. You can also replace the sweet potato chips with other vegetable or pita chips, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Hands-on time: 15 minutes or less
- 1 bag sweet potato chips
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 apple or pear, diced
- ⅓ cup blue cheese dressing or dip
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup chopped dill
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Spread out sweet potato chips into a single even layer.
- Sprinkle bell peppers and chicken evenly over chips. Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt and nachos are warm in the center. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with grated cucumber, walnuts, and fresh dill, then drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Finish with a hefty grind of black pepper. Serve immediately.
- 1 bag sweet potato chips (NET WT 6 oz)
- Pre-cooked chicken (2 cups, or about ⅓ pound cooked)
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1 apple or pear
- Blue cheese dressing
- Walnuts (optional)
- Black pepper
- Bell pepper
Recipe by Sarah Ward.