- Type: Perennial in zones 5 to 9
- Planting time: Spring, fall
- Features: Makes a fragrant border; complements many dishes
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Soil: Well-drained soil
- Spacing: 12 to 15 inches apart
- Plant size: 12 inches tall
- Garden use: Herb gardens, containers, flower borders
- Culinary use: Blended herb mixtures, soups, sauces, butters, beans, meat dishes
English thyme is a low-growing plant with fragrant leaves. This herb goes well with just about everything. Add it (fresh or dried) to blended herb mixtures, or use in soups, sauces, beans, meat dishes, and more. It’s also a great addition to potpourri or homemade soap. But thyme isn’t just useful inside the house, as it also makes a wonderfully aromatic ground cover or border.
Some Bonnie Plants® varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.