- Type: Perennial in zones 5 to 8
- Planting time: Spring
- Features: Velvety, textured, gray-green foliage, pretty blue blooms
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Well drained, pH about 7
- Spacing: 18 to 24 inches
- Plant size: 12 to 36 inches tall, 15 to 24 inches wide
- Garden uses: Containers, herb garden
- Culinary uses: Key ingredient of poultry seasoning and turkey stuffing
Gardeners add the uniquely flavored leaves of common garden sage, a strong, herbaceous perennial, to sauces, stuffings, poultry, pork, and sausage. It provides a lovely fragrance and flavor to a dish, especially when leaves are sautéed before adding. It is a good fall and winter plant in hot climates. Great for containers. Needs good drainage.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.