- Type: Perennial in zones 5 to 8
- Planting time: Spring
- Features: Velvety, textured, gray-green foliage, pretty blue blooms
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Well drained, pH about 7
- Spacing: 18 to 24 inches
- Plant size: 12 to 36 inches tall, 15 to 24 inches wide
- Garden uses: Containers, herb garden
- Culinary uses: Key ingredient of poultry seasoning and turkey stuffing
Gardeners add the uniquely flavored leaves of common garden sage, a strong, herbaceous perennial, to sauces, stuffings, poultry, pork, and sausage. It provides a lovely fragrance and flavor to a dish, especially when leaves are sautéed before adding. It is a good fall and winter plant in hot climates. Great for containers. Needs good drainage.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties® may not be available in your local area, due to different variables in certain regions. Also, if any variety is a limited, regional variety it will be noted on the pertinent variety page.