- Type: Perennial in zones 5 to 7
- Planting time: After last spring frost
- Features: Attract pollinators; great for drying and crafts
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: Well-drained soil (on the dry side)
- Spacing: 12 to 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 12 to 14 inches tall by 8 to 10 inches wide
- Garden use: Herb gardens, containers, vegetable and flower bed
- Culinary use: Baking, teas, sugars, jellies, paired with berries or citrus
Deep purple flowers on tall spikes bloom right from the first year, creating a striking complement to the silvery gray foliage. Pollinators love this plant! You will too, as the aroma is wonderfully calming. Ideal for drying and crafts, as well as fresh-cut bouquets. Use edible flowers, which have a sweet floral flavor, for baked goods and lavender lemonade, or serve with berries and citrus. Deer-resistant.
Some Bonnie Plants varieties may not be available at your local stores, as we select and sell varieties best suited to the growing conditions in each region.