Yield : 1 (8-inch) thin crust pizza
- 1 (4-ounce) ball fresh pizza dough or refrigerated pizza crust
- ½ teaspoon stone-ground corn meal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large Sweet basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Small sweet basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450˚ F. Heat pizza stone or heavy baking sheet 10 to 12 minutes in oven.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Using hands and fingers press dough into an irregular 8-inch circle. Sprinkle parchment paper with ½ teaspoon cornmeal and top with circle of dough.
- Brush dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic. Place tomato slices and cheese slices evenly over dough. Sprinkle with sliced basil.
- Transfer pizza on parchment paper to heated pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese melts and begins to brown and edge of crust is golden and crispy. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Garnish with basil leaves.