Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, thyme leaves, and salt in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Process butter and sugar in a food processor until smooth and well combined, stopping to scrape down sides. Add vanilla; process 15 seconds.
- Add flour mixture; pulse 10 to 12 times until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half to ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, adding just enough flour to keep the dough from sticking. Cut with a 2-inch cookie cutter, and place cookies 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Place cookie sheets in freezer for 20 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch.
- Bake at 275 for 30 minutes or just until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.