Lightly fruity, Peach and Mint Bourbon Smash is a drink best enjoyed during the summer months, when peaches are at their peak. Muddle them with mint and mix in your favorite bourbon for an even-keel cocktail that lets the main ingredient shine. If you’re hungry, a Mixed Sweet Pepper and Green Bean Salad is an excellent garden-fresh accompaniment.
Yield: 1 drink
- 1/2 yellow peach, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs mint, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ice
- To a cocktail shaker add the chopped peach and mint sprigs. Muddle with a muddler or a wooden spoon until broken down and the mint is fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Next, add in the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup, and ice. Secure the lid and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Fill a short glass with ice and then pour in the cocktail through a fine mesh strainer so it catches the mint and peach pulp. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Recipe and photos by Megan Mitchell.