Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Put all ingredients in a food processor. Combine until blended.
- Serve with grilled chicken or fish, rice, pasta, or couscous.