This Bruschetta Pizza recipe takes traditional Italian bruschetta to a whole new level. It uses pizza dough in place of bread, and adds loads of fresh basil, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and olives, plus three cheeses. The garden ingredients are added after the pizza cooks, for best flavor.
Yield : 2½ – 3 cups
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella (drier is better), thinly sliced
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 2-3 sweet banana peppers, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven and pizza stone or pan to 450℉.
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, minced basil, oregano, and red pepper. Roll out pizza dough to ¼-½ inch thickness.
- Place dough on heated pan. Evenly spread garlic-herb oil; add mozzarella, ricotta, half the peppers, and Parmesan, in that order.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Cool on a rack. Meanwhile, combine remaining peppers and oil, tomatoes, chopped basil, olives, and vinegar. Toss and spoon over pizza.
- Cut and serve immediately.
Recipe by Sarah Ward.