Bright and refreshing, this fruit salad shows off the flavors of fresh melon, strawberries, and mint — a real treat during the spring and summer months. In the winter, citrus and winter berries can be easily substituted for the melon and strawberries.
Yield : 6 servings
- 1 small honeydew melon – cleaned of seeds, peeled then sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small cantaloupe melon – cleaned of seeds, peeled then sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups strawberries – washed, caps removed then sliced.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh peppermint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place sliced fruit in a large glass or plastic bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour sauce over fruit and toss lightly until well covered. Serve, or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Featured Ingredient: Cantaloupe
With a delicious sweetness and unique flavor, cantaloupe is sometimes called “musk melon.” Cantaloupes are more than 90% water, high in vitamins A and C, and a fairly low-calorie fruit. The flesh is light salmon-orange in color and pairs nicely with feta, mint, citrus, or salty preserved meats such as thinly sliced prosciutto and salami. Let us teach you the best way to grow cantaloupes.